What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words "you have cancer"?
Cancer Prevention Study-3
This year, you can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society's new research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
Who can join the study?
The study is open to anyone who:
1. Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home.
2. Is between 30 and 65 years old.
3. Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer).
How can you participate?
Enrollment is being made possible in partnership with the YMCA of Metro Atlanta during March 1st through the 15th.
To schedule your appointment and view enrollment times, go to: www.cps3atlanta.org.
As part of enrollment, you will be asked to:
1. Read and sign an informed consent form.
2. Complete a comprehensive survey packet that asks for information on lifestyle, behavioral and other factors related to your health.
3. Have you waist circumference measured.
4. Give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor's visit-7 teaspoons full). The blood sample will be drawn by a trained, certified phlebotomist.
Upon completion of these two steps, ACS will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
For more information, visit cancer.org/cps3 or call toll free at 1-888-604-5888.